Propane Field Service Technician-Installer
- $1000.00 sign on bonus after 3 months of employment for the right candidate. Our business is expanding and in need of qualified service technicians with a strong propane background.
- 2-4 years’ experience in the Propane Industry.
- Knowledge of NFPA 54-58 Code, Florida rules and regulations.
- CDL driver’s license with Hazmat endorsement. Clean driver’s record.
- Installation and Maintenance of all propane and fuel appliances.
- All service to be performed with safety being the top priority.
- Strong Propane trouble shooting skills a must.
- The ability to install gas piping for residential and commercial applications, from new construction to renovations per job specific.
- The knowledge of LP appliance installations.
- Must operate daily in a professional and ethical manner.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Must abide by all company policies and procedures in addition to state/local/federal codes.
- When operating a company vehicle, It is expected to be clean at all times. Our company vehicles (and employees) are a representative of our company and are held to our high standard of doing business.
- Must participate in all company safety and staff meetings.
- Must be comfortable reporting any unsafe conditions.
- Daily prep and inspection of your company vehicle.
- Must adhere to all state/federal motor vehicle laws.
- Must perform job functions in any weather condition.
- Must be receptive to and learn all new technology introduced in our industry.
- Complete all paperwork in a neat, timely, and accurate manner. Must comply with company local, state, and federal safety regulations.
- Present a neat and clean appearance.
- Support Como’s mission statement and code of honor.
- Able to take on any task at any given time.
- Able to be in a 24/7 on call rotation for service and delivery of propane.
- Must be able to deliver and set propane tanks with the use of a 2-wheel hand dolly. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Como Oil and Propane offers competitive wages, Health Insurance and a company match 401K
Propane Delivery Driver
Como Oil & Propane is looking for the right individual for a Full Time experienced Propane Delivery Driver, Able to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment. Duties include but not limited to:
- Propane and petroleum delivery
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience delivering propane and /or petroleum products
- Must have full time availability
- Must have a clean driving record and current CDL, Hazmat endorsement and current medical card
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- You will be expected to participate in a on call rotation which includes evening and weekends
- Demonstrate ability to read and write English and perform basic math
- Must exhibit patience and professionalism
- Must be organized
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to perform leak tests
- Submit to and pass Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and drug/alcohol tests
Propane Service Manager
Location: Vero Beach, Florida
The Propane Service Manager is responsible for the day-to-day activities of the Service Installation Technicians, including sound decision-making relative to the scheduling and assignment of service and installation technicians to ensure timely and safe installation servicing. Facilitating effective communication and coordination of activities among service technicians and customer service representatives.
- Ensure that all retail delivery, product sales, installations, servicing and respective documentation is handled in a timely, efficient, and appropriate manner, facilitating accurate completion and are performed consistently with all company policies and procedures, handbooks, manuals, and local, state, and federal requirements
- Maintain a proficient working knowledge of the Company’s safety policies and procedures and implementing them in connection with all servicing, installations and deliveries and all other appropriate personnel’s activities, including conducting monthly safety meetings
- Provide feedback and coaching to employees regarding performance, contributions and areas needing improvement on a consistent basis
- Conduct employee evaluations, take disciplinary action when appropriate, and make recommendations regarding hiring and termination of personnel.
- Responsible for communicating personnel related issues to the Director of Operations
- Timely documentation and reporting of all accidents and work related injuries
- Ensure all service orders, completed tickets, daily logs, and payments collected from customers are turned in daily by the service technicians
- Ensure all service and installation technicians are provided with appropriate paperwork to be left at the customer locations, i.e., safety and information packets
- Ensure work assigned to service and installation technicians is completed safely and that service vehicles are kept clean and organized
- Ensure that service and installation technicians present a neat, clean and professional appearance, including maintaining cleanliness of company uniform
- Maintain a proficient working knowledge of the company’s out of gas procedures
- Ensure that all work orders are priced accurately and put through billing in a timely manner
- Ensure that communication with our customers is key and that all appointments are kept or the customer is notified immediately when there is a change in scheduling
- Ensure that related equipment, such as regulators, risers, transitions, etc. are utilized efficiently
- Customer satisfaction with regard to service charge inquiries is achieved
- Fundamental knowledge of the National Fuel Gas Code (NFPA 54) and Storage and Handling of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (NFPA 58)
- Proficient knowledge of Como Oil and Propane’s leak test and carbon monoxide test procedures
- Be receptive to and competently use new technologies
- Consistently communicate and demonstrate support of the company’s corporate Core Values, Mission Statement and Vision
- Demonstrate leadership, enthusiasm and example setting to the company
- Schedule exterior and interior piping, tank installs, final connections
- Call Line Locates before scheduling any exterior work
- Schedule inspections with municipalities
- Other duties as assigned, including ordering stock
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 2 to 5 years management experience
- 5 to 7 years of relevant industry experience
- Effective communication skills
- Highly organized
- Knowledge of appropriate computer programs
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Ability to build strong relationships with subordinates and among other members of the company’s management team
Como Oil and Propane offers a competitive salary with commission. Comprehensive benefit package and a 401K Plan with company match after one year.